The OJHL recently finished its 2012-2013 regular season, with the Trenton Golden Hawks ending the year in first overall and Buffalo’s Tyler Gjurich capturing the scoring title, among other highlights heading into the playoffs.
Trenton went 40-10-5 to secure first place in their division and the OJHL, while Aurora, Buffalo and St. Michael’s captured their respective division titles.
Buffalo forward Tyler Gjurich led the OJHL in goals (53) and points (97), while Oakville’s Jonah Renouf led the league in assists, with 65 on the season. Renouf was also second in points scoring, with 94.
Top goaltender honors went to Kingston’s Charlie Finn, who had eight shutout and a 2.15 GAA in 39 games played.
After a brief pause in action, playoffs begin tonight. The first-round matchups are as follows:
- Trenton (40-10-5) vs. Cobourg (24-25-6)
- Aurora (32-17-6) vs. Lindsay (25-25-5)
- Kingston (34-15-6) vs. Wellington (29-22-4)
- Whitby (31-19-5) vs. Newmarket (29-19-7)
- Buffalo (38-12-5) vs. Burlington (25-27-3)
- St. Michael’s (37-15-3) vs. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (27-23-5)
- Georgetown (28-13-4) vs. Toronto Lakeshore (34-16-5)
- North York (33-14-8) vs. Oakville (34-16-5)
For many players, this season is their final in the OJHL – including five Jr. Sabres. Several OJHLers will go on to play in the OHL or QMJHL or have committed to college hockey. For the complete list, click here.